See photos (10)

Église Saint-Henri

Religious heritage, 19th century in Le Creusot
  • The construction of the neo-Gothic church of Saint-Henri, undertaken at the request of Mr. Henri Schneider by the architects Forien and Duvillard, of the Schneider Company, was completed in 1883.
    Built in ashlar (Bouvier granite), its plan is a Latin cross, consisting of a nave with three vessels, with pointed arches and cross vaults, a transept with two chapels, a choir flanked by two sacristies and ending with a flat apse. The long-sloped roofs are made of slate. The church is...
    The construction of the neo-Gothic church of Saint-Henri, undertaken at the request of Mr. Henri Schneider by the architects Forien and Duvillard, of the Schneider Company, was completed in 1883.
    Built in ashlar (Bouvier granite), its plan is a Latin cross, consisting of a nave with three vessels, with pointed arches and cross vaults, a transept with two chapels, a choir flanked by two sacristies and ending with a flat apse. The long-sloped roofs are made of slate. The church is distinguished by its two high bell towers topped by octagonal spires, to which a polygonal staircase tower gives access. Its organ and its carillon make it famous. Very beautiful stained glass windows.
  • Documentation