See photos (6)

Château d'Alone-Toulongeon

Castles and Defense Sites in La Chapelle-sous-Uchon
  • Of this castle, looted after the Revolution and then abandoned, there are still vestiges that remind us of its prestigious past.
    Against the base of the Alone tower, a square tower from the 12th century, are the bases of the curtain walls rebuilt in the 18th century, flanked by three round towers. A fourth round tower remains to be discovered. The northern tower offers a very well preserved vaulted room which shelters a population of small bats. These remains, partially surrounded by the...
    Of this castle, looted after the Revolution and then abandoned, there are still vestiges that remind us of its prestigious past.
    Against the base of the Alone tower, a square tower from the 12th century, are the bases of the curtain walls rebuilt in the 18th century, flanked by three round towers. A fourth round tower remains to be discovered. The northern tower offers a very well preserved vaulted room which shelters a population of small bats. These remains, partially surrounded by the moat, show the location of the 16th-17th century drawbridge.
    The buildings of the lower courtyard, including the outbuildings, are reminiscent of a small castle and have been preserved.
    The castral chapel, extended into a dwelling, survived the fire of 1953.
    This castle has known famous people. Françoise de Toulonjon, wife of Antoine de Toulonjon, was the daughter of Saint Jeanne de Chantal and the aunt of the Marquise de Sévigné. Their daughter, Gabrielle de Toulonjon married Roger de Rabutin count of Bussy. The last owner was Charles Gravier de Vergennes.
  • Spoken languages
    • French
  • Accepted customers
    • Individuals
    • Groups