Castles and Defense Sites, Industrial site, Arboretum, Park, Pleasure park, Listed or registered (CNMHS), Arboretum, Pleasure garden, Park, Castle, French style, English style, Classic, Contemporary, 19th centuryin Le Creusot
The Chateau de la verrerie is actually former crystal and glass manufactory founded in 1786. After the closure of the factory in 1832, the Schneiders, owners of the local steel factories, bought it in 1837 with the intention of making their home inside the building. They transformed it to create a real castle. Nowadays, the castle is open to the public with three different visits: the Men and Industry Museum, the Industry Pavilion and the small theatre.