Autun to Alésia, Archeology in Burgundy
This price includes:
- all inclusive from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 2 (a 1/4 bottle of wine* and coffee included)
- accommodation in hotel (double room basis)
- tourist tax
- the entrance fees to the mentioned sites and the mentioned visits
- Distance: 145km
- This is valid from March to November
- Our services end around 4:00 pm on day 2
Guided tour of the Gallo-Roman monuments: Roman theater, "Porte Saint André", "Porte d'Arroux", "Temple de Janus" and ramparts...
Then join the site of Bibracte to discover the Gallic gastronomy.
A guided tour of the archaeological site of Bibracte : discover throughout the visit how could be the oppidum there 2000 years.
Then, guided tour of the museum, showing the main discoveries from the archaeological excavations
Back to Autun : tasting* of Burgundy wines in a cellar.
Dinner and overnight at hotel in Autun
After breakfast, drive to Alise-Sainte-Reine, to visit the "MuséoParc Alésia".
The scenography course traces the battle between Caesar and Vercingetorix. Outside, you'll also see the most spectacular: the full-sized reconstruction of a hundred meters of fortifications and a part of the Roman camp.
Lunch at the restaurant.
Guided tour of the remains of the Gallo-Roman city atop Mount Auxois.
* Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, consume with moderation.